Edith Cavell Activities
We have an extensive activities programme, which is implemented by our dynamic activities staff. They host monthly “ladies’ afternoons”, which include professional manicures, and regular “men’s afternoons” which often feature some sporting activity.Other activities and entertainment include cooking and games afternoons, while bowls and housie remain our most popular activities. Friday afternoons feature entertainment, lovely food platters and a selection of New Zealand wine.
Regular trips are also arranged, with outings to the beach, mall visits, movies, concerts and social afternoon get-togethers. Guests are often invited to provide entertainment, such as musical items or craft sessions.
- An extensive library collection is rotated regularly and talking books are also available.
- A hairdresser attends twice weekly.
- Church services are held regularly in the Rest Home lounge.
- All meals are prepared on-site in our kitchen by our cooks. The menu is changed regularly and a dietitian oversees all menu planning.
- There are tea and coffee making facilities available at all times for family and friends