Rest Home and Hospital
For comprehensive care
The Facility consists of 80 single rooms, all with their own ensuites.
We have two sheltered courtyards to which some rooms have direct access. The Facility is currently undergoing a comprehensive repair and refurbishment programe after the Christchurch earthquakes. These repairs are being staged to minimise disruption, and our residents are loving the “new look” of the Facility as each stage is completed.
Residents are encouraged to personalise their rooms with mementos like a favourite chair, pieces of furniture, pictures, photos and ornaments so they can feel as ‘at home’ as possible. We support residents to enjoy George Manning Lifecare as they would their own home.
As we understand the importance of residents’ connections with the community, we have an open door policy with regards to visiting, allowing friends and family to stop by at any time convenient to them. Residents are welcome to have their husband/wife join them for meals fromt ime to time (a small fee is charged for the meal). Family are encouraged to treat our Facility like their home when visiting their family members, and tea and coffee making facilities are available.
- Registered Nurse on duty 24 hours per day
- Physiotherapist available as required.
- Physiotherapy assistants on site two days per week.
- Diversional Therapist
- Activities Co-ordinator
- Our Hair Salon is open 3 days per week.
- Podiatrist visits on a monthly basis.
- Dietitian on call.
- Weekly church services, and spiritual guidance as required.
- Four house doctors, and other personnel as required.
- All food prepared on site and all dietary requirements met. Our cooks are experienced in preparing nutritious and tasty meals with fresh, good quality produce.
- Our Clinical Manager oversees the operation of the rest home and facility, and assists the Charge Nurses to provide excellent care and nursing to our residents.
- Day Care
- Whanau Room
- All rooms have full ensuite facilities.
- Furniture can be brought into our Home as long as it can be accommodated in the room following discussion with nursing staff.
- Residents can alter the temperature in their room, however generally the temperature is automatically adjusted to a comfortable level.
- We have regular family meetings.
- There is a monthly newsletter.
- We have several small comfortable lounges. Tea making facilities are available in two of the lounges. We encourage families to use these facilities.
- Outings are provided for our residents.