Rest Home, Hospital and Dementia Care
For access to medical, specialist, and allied health services.
Rest home care
At our rest home our residents enjoy individual sunny rooms, most with garden views. Residents enjoy daily activities including outings and can maintain contact with the local community. Facilities include three lounges, a dining room, several sunny verandas and attractive established gardens to stroll around.
We encourage our residents to furnish their room with their favourite pieces to create a home away from home. Any special requests can usually be accommodated.
We try to ensure that all our residents get a well-balanced diet with delicious home cooked meals. We cater for our residents’ likes and dislikes as well as any dietary requirements
Our hospital wing is fully equipped to deliver a high level of care while still maintaining a warm, friendly, inviting environment for our residents.
Our highly qualified nursing team is able to assist with day care, respite or health recovery right up to palliative care either short term or long term.
All medications are managed by the Registered Nurse. The storage, administration, and disposal of medicines is strictly controlled.
Our attractive secure unit with outdoor access offers a pleasant setting for our residents in need of monitoring. Our staff have received specialist training to help assist our dementia residents with their day to day activities and encourage them to stay active.
Visitors are welcome at any time and can join residents for lunch, dinner, or take their loved ones for a walk or outing.
In summary the special care unit provides:
- Oversight by a registered occupational therapist
- Staff with specialised dementia and Alzheimer’s training
- An environment which encourages family participation as desired, including involvement of children and pets
- Varied daily exercise and entertainment programme, providing mental, emotional and physical stimulation
- Regular visits by the general practitioner
- Nutritious and varied well-cooked meals with special diets being catered for
- Single bedrooms