With Christmas only a few days away, what better time to post a twist on a classic that can be enjoyed by plenty of people. This take of the Christmas mince pie can be easily made and more easily eaten, and regardless if you or your family celebrate Christmas, we hope it goes down a treat!
Time: 30 mins
· 2 eggs
· 2 cups plain flour
· ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
· 250g softened butter
· ¼ cup icing sugar
· ¼ cup custard powder
· ¼ cup Christmas mince
1. Heat the oven to 170C.
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cream butter and icing sugar together, then add the eggs, and vanilla.
3. Sift in flour and custard power and combine.
4. Take teaspoonfuls of the mix and roll into balls, before placing on baking tray a little apart. Then create a dip in balls by pressing down the top center, stopping just before you break through the bottom.
5. Fill dip with Christmas mincemeat, then bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until light brown.