Is there anything more quintessentially kiwi than a pavlova in the summer time? To make sure everyone gets a bite, making mini pavs are a perfect solution to having many mouths to feed at once! This is especially necessary with families coming together this time of year, and for all the people spending the holidays at our rest homes.
Time: 30 minutes
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Put egg whites into bowl and whisk until soft peaks form – approximately 5 minutes.
- Add sugar a little at a time until glossy stiff peaks form, approximately 2 minutes. Mix together the vinegar, vanilla and cornflour and fold through the meringue
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and spoon the mixture into circles with a height of 5cm. Use a spoon to make a dip in the center of circles, but keep edges tall.
- Place in oven, then turn temperature to 100 C. Bake until the mini pavs appears dry and stiff, about 1 hour. Turn off oven, but leave pavlovas inside with door open until cool.
- Once cool, decorate mini pavs with toppings of choice – we suggest kiwis and vanilla syrup!